I LOVE MYSELF VIDEO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRANTS WHO ARE MINORS: YOU MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST
iKhan, LLC. is seeking people of all ages (must be at least 13 years of age), ethnicities, sizes, sexual orientation, geographic locations, etc. to submit a video of themselves dancing and lip synching to the chorus of Chaka Khan's forthcoming single, "I Love Myself."
There will be 30-50 video submissions that will be selected for the grand prize which is to be included in a music video featuring Chaka Khan performing the song, "I Love Myself."
To enter the contest, you must agree to the Official Contest Rules (the "Rules"). Please carefully read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to the Rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the Rules, unless you agree to the Rules. Your agreement to the Rules creates a binding legal agreement between you and IKHAN, LLC. No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win the Contest. A purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the Rules. All decisions of the judges shall be final. The Contest starts at 12:00 AM Central Time, on January 28, 2016, and ends at 11:59 PM Central Time, on February 19, 2016 ("Contest Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Central Time, February 19, 2016.
WHO CAN ENTER
- The Contest is limited to individuals that are residing in the United States at the time of entry.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, Entrants must be age 13 or older. Entrants under 18 years of age must verify that they have the consent of their parent/legal guardian to participate in the contest on the online contest submission form at http://ilovemyself.votigo.com. A maximum of one Entrant per entry is allowed. A group of people may create a video but should submit the video only once with one person designated as the Entrant. If submission is for more than one person, it is understood by the submitter of the video that he/she is claiming the legal right to submit the video on behalf of all participants that appear in the video. All participants' names and addresses (email and mailing) MUST be listed in the body of the Submission form.
- Employees of IKHAN, LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, independent contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of such employees are ineligible to participate in the Contest. The phrase "immediate family member" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
HOW TO ENTER
- Each individual must submit the entry form which can be downloaded at http://ilovemyself.votigo.com/. Submission of an entry form shall constitute agreement to all Contest Rules. Videos entered into the Contest must adhere to the following Rules.
- Each Entrant shall submit a video by the contest closing date and time. The video size must be no greater than 300 MB for uploads. The submitted video files must be in .MPEG, .MOV, .AVI, or .WMV format. Video should be shot horizontally.
- Each entry (hereinafter "Submission" or "Entry") must be uploaded to http://ilovemyself.votigo.com/ and comply with the terms and conditions of using the platform website found at http://www.votigo.com/corp/terms.php. No Submission will be considered that does not upload successfully to platform or fails to submit an entry form at http://ilovemyself.votigo.com/
- Each Entry must be in keeping with the images of IKHAN, LLC and shall not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory or inappropriate as determined by IKHAN, LLC in its sole discretion. IKHAN, LLC reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems to be not in keeping with the image of IKHAN, LLC in IKHAN, LLC's sole discretion.
- The individual submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant ("Entrant"). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission. Notwithstanding the foregoing, an email address in the name of the parent or legal guardian of an otherwise eligible minor seeking to enter the Contest will be permitted and such minor shall be deemed the Entrant. If a group elects to collaborate on a Submission, the group shall designate one person as the Entrant who will be deemed the agent of the group for purposes of entering the Contest.
CONTEST RULES AND OBLIGATIONS
- Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law. Entries violating this provision of the rules may be disqualified.
- Submissions shall be the original work of the Entrant.
- Submissions shall not show the drinking of alcohol and shall not feature tobacco products, fireworks, firearms, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, drugs paraphernalia, or gambling.
- Submissions shall not utilize live animals unless the Entrant has obtained the consent of the animal's owner and an affidavit from the owner or wrangler that the animal was not harmed in the making of the video. Entrants who wish to use animals are encouraged to contact the local Humane Society for guidance prior to filming in order to insure appropriate safeguards are utilized.
- Submissions shall not contain any copyrighted works (including music) other than the song clip of "I Love Myself" which shall be provided to contestants by IKHAN, LLC. Use of unauthorized music or other copyrighted works may result in disqualification of the Submission or alteration of the Submission, as determined by IKHAN, LLC's in its sole discretion.
- IKHAN, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur any non-material elements contained in a video submission rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant submission. IKHAN, LLC may elect to make these changes or ask the Entrant to do so. If IKHAN, LLC requests that Entrant make edits to its video submission and Entrant chooses not to make such edits, the Submission shall be subject to disqualification.
- Each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless IKHAN, LLC, and its program partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of the Contest.
- Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content will be disqualified, not published, and/or not considered for prizes as determined by IKHAN, LLC in its sole discretion.
- Each Entrant agrees IKHAN, LLC shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights (including copyright) embodied therein and IKHAN, LLC and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements thereof online, in print, film, television, or any other media now in use or hereafter discovered without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
- IKHAN, LLC is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- All Submissions become the property of IKHAN, LLC and will not be acknowledged or returned.
ELIMINATION FROM CONTEST
- Any false information provided by any Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of rights or non-compliance with the Official Rules of the Contest, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest. IKHAN, LLC further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes, in its sole and unfettered discretion, infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, or violates applicable federal, state or local law.
WINNER SELECTION PROCEDURES
- 30-50 Entrants will be selected as Grand Prize Winners ("Grand Prize Winners"), by a panel of judges chosen by IKHAN, LLC. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each Entrant's video:
a) Creativity - Entries must creatively incorporate the message of self-esteem into their Submissions. Creativity can be included through many means, including but not limited to visual elements of the video.
The creativity of each Submission will be determined by:
- Whether and to what extent the Entry grabs the viewer's attention in a unique and memorable way;
- Whether and to what extent the video is relatable, relevant and memorable to a viewing audience; and
- Whether and to what extent the video utilizes elements that are original, connect to an audience and have not been used often in other media.
b) Quality of video - Entries provided in an unapproved format or saved in such a way that a viewer is not able to understand the video content, will not be considered (i.e. overly grainy as to be un-viewable, sound inaudible or unintelligible). The quality of each Submission will be determined by:
- Whether the video as submitted can be utilized on multiple platforms (i.e., social media, TV, online outlets, etc.); and
- Whether the video format supports and enhances the message and content.
- a) Creativity - Entries must creatively incorporate the message of self-esteem into their Submissions. Creativity can be included through many means, including but not limited to visual elements of the video.
- The winners will be notified on or before February 22, 2016.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and the Grand Prize Winners waives any and all claims of liability against IKHAN, LLC and its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. The Grand Prize Winners will be required to complete a release and affidavit prior to acceptance of any prize. If the Grand Prize Winner is a minor in their state of residence he/she will be required to have a parent or guardian complete the release and affidavit as required by applicable law.
- By claiming a prize, Grand Prize Winners authorize the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and place of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers, magazines, and other publications; television or film; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture data storage) which IKHAN, LLC or the Contest Sponsor may deem appropriate
- The conduct of the Contest shall be governed by applicable federal and state laws. All claims, disputes or disagreements arising in connection with the Contest or any Submission shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California or the Federal District courts located in Los Angeles County, California.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of IKHAN, LLC. IKHAN, LLC reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. IKHAN, LLC will interpret the Contest Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning such rules. The decisions of IKHAN, LLC concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of IKHAN, LLC, IKHAN, LLC reserves the right to terminate the Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as IKHAN, LLC deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by IKHAN, LLC and are final. IKHAN, LLC may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- IKHAN, LLC reserves the right not to award any prizes if none of the entries received meet the stated contest criteria, in IKHAN, LLC’s sole discretion.
- IKHAN, LLC takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to the Contest. IKHAN, LLC requires that Entrants safely conduct their projects and avoid potentially dangerous production situations that put crew, actors, the public or any other persons at risk. To insure the safety of participants, adult supervision is strongly encouraged.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- By submitting any entry, Entrants thereby grant to IKHAN, LLC and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work (including the video and all aspects and elements thereof) or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. The rights granted to IKHAN, LLC include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work.
- By submitting an entry, Entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other rights of a third party, and the Entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to IKHAN, LLC herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that IKHAN, LLC shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the Entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the Entrant submits.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY
By submitting an entry, each Entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns hereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue IKHAN, LLC, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns ("IKHAN, LLC"), from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which Entrant may have or may hereafter have against IKHAN, LLC by reason of any injuries or damages Entrant may sustain, whether to Entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the Contest, or the use of the Submission for any purpose described herein.
Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the Submission, the Contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the Submission for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless IKHAN, LLC from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by Entrant of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.